Wednesday, July 25, 2012

~summer fun~


Baseball, basketball, tennis, golf, reading, sight-seeing, visiting family, croquet, swimming, painting, fishing.
You name it, we're doing it.
And trust me... it's not all fun and games.
We are talking about two boys who love to bicker and fight over
just about everything.
And I mean everything!
But between the arguments and brotherly love we are keeping busy.

Yeah, you might be able to write a message in the dust on our TV.
Junk mail accumulates.
The closets need a good sorting through.
But guess what?
Emails don't need an immediate reply.
The laundry will be there when we return.
The dishes don't have to be washed the minute we are done eating.

We're enjoying each other and our time together!
People always say how fast your children grow up and you can't get these years back.
I'm seeing it first hand and want to savor every minute of it.

Don't get me wrong...typically it's "Work Hard, Play Hard."
But if you know me well enough you know I like to change things up a bit... do things backwards.
So for us, it is "Play Hard, Work Hard."


If you don't see me around the web as much as usual,
I haven't forgotten about you and I'm still peeking in at your blogs. Even though I might not be commenting as much, I'm still checking in to see what you are up to.
 And it looks as though we are all filling our days.
Summer is going by so fast.
School will begin before we know it and we'll fall back into that routine.

I hope you are enjoying your days with the ones you love most, whatever you might be doing.

I'm taking full advantage of enjoying life with our boys!
Fingerprints on the windows, and all!


4 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like the perfect way to spend summer. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

A friend once told me about her childhood. She said her mom wasn't a great housekeeper, but she was always there doing fun things with them. That really struck me. Enjoy these next few weeks.

Amber said...

I'll second that! They're only small once.

Lisa Coffee said...

Yes! Bring on the dirty windows and piles of dishes. There's fun to be had! Enjoy Kelly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...